Friday, May 16, 2014

Trusting God and not the Weather!

Psalm 148

Praise the Lord. Praise the Lord from the heavens; praise Him in the heights above. Praise Him, all His angels; praise Him, all His heavenly hosts. Praise Him, sun and moon; praise Him, all you shining stars. Praise Him, you highest heavens and you waters above the skies. Let them praise the name of the Lord, for at His command they were created,  and He established them for ever and ever—He issued a decree that will never pass away. Praise the Lord from the earth, you great sea creatures and all ocean depths, lightning and hail, snow and clouds, stormy winds that do His bidding, you mountains and all hills, fruit trees and all cedars, wild animals and all cattle, small creatures and flying birds, kings of the earth and all nations, you princes and all rulers on earth, young men and women, old men and children. Let them praise the name of the Lord, for His name alone is exalted; His splendor is above the earth and the heavens. And He has raised up for His people a horn, the praise of all His faithful servants, of Israel, the people close to His heart. Praise the Lord.

There is always one lesson that God keeps on teaching me and that is that God is control not our apps.  So many times we as humans trust our apps or Internet too much and tend to be the opposite that happens.  When we get sick we will check WebMD to see what we have..."Honey, the Internet says that based on my symptoms I have Progeria!"  Most times WebMD is wrong or scares us into thinking we have a horrible disease.  In one area that I need to give to God is weather when I have planned events.  A lot of time I will check the weather just to see what the day will bring.  When I have a planned event or outdoor activity I want to do and see that it is going to rain I think automatically of plan B's and indoor activities.  That is mental after reading this verse.  I should just come to God and pray for it.  I should trust God and not weather.com.   I have seen God change the weather plan so many times in my life after prayer.  It has happened so many times that I feel like Elijah praying for rain in 1 Kings 18:41-46.  

I had to relearn this lesson these past few months and have seen God work in so many great ways!  One way was during the CUSTER FUN DAY that was planned.  As a youth group we planned to come and enjoy a wonderful day in Custer...well when we got closer to the day weather.com showed horrible weather (rain, snow and cold)...COME ON! SNOW IN APRIL AND MAY!!!!  Sorry that line was for those in warm places complaining that it is cold :)  Anyways back to Custer Fun Day.   We went and it turned out to be an awesome day weather wise...Not too hot and not extremely cold.  The rain was held off till that evening when The Mother of Storms decided to come and water our plants.  Even right before we went on a wonderful neature hike it was getting pretty dark and cloudy.  Well I remembered God controls the weather and prayed for Him to hold the weather just a little bit longer...well right before we go on our hike the sky clears up and the sun comes out.  Wow such an amazing God we Praise!  

I just had another moment this week with planning Messy Games.  The weather was going to be awful, but I prayed and kept on checking...well that isn't really faith that God will work.  So eventually I just had to stop and say, "God you are in control I am going to trust that You will do what you need to do."  I knew in my heart that God could make the weather good for us to play outside and if He did not God will give me a way to make it work.  So no big deal and the night turned out to be awesome!  So our God is great and is in control of weather!  So PRAISE THE LORD.

Keep on the Sunny Side,

Nick





P.S.
Weather men and women,

I appreciate all you do to predict the weather, but God controls the weather and if God says it is not going to rain He will part the clouds or make them disappear.  So no matter what percentage Weather Bug, Weather.com, Yahoo weather or any other weather app says just know that God controls it.

Thanks,
Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment