Thursday, October 2, 2014

Learning about God through a Dare

So the series I am teaching in youth group is called Truth and Dare.  We examine the truth in a subject and then at the end I dare them to do it.  Now the dares have not been the easiest dares, but they have taught me a lot.  The first week's dare was to pray every time you needed to make a decision, then it was 1 4 1, which is one hour in media is one hour with God, and this week's dare is to Be Content.  

Each one of these dares have challenged me to look at the life I am living and helping me take the next step in living life for God.  So I just want to share some cool things I have learned.

God's Decisions was a dare that showed me that I too much decide things and then ask God to bless my decisions.  It is a funny way to think about it...we should be asking God what to do in everything.  On my day off I asked God what He wanted me to do...all I got back was text your friend.  It was weird but I did and found out my friend had the same day off and then we went Geocaching.  It was fun just to get away and do something that I love.  Plus explore a different part of the blackhills :)  God loves us and wants the best for us...so why not ask Him what you should do instead of asking Him to bless your decisions.

1 4 1 dare showed me that I really need to pay more attention how I use my time.  I found that I didn't have enough time in the day to pay 1 hour of media with 1 hour of God.  I saw that when I was tired or just needed a break I went to media for it instead of God.  It opened my eyes to how much we rely on media to fulfill our needs instead of God.  

Then this week is to Be Content...do not buy anything new, no going out to eat, no going to paid entertainment.  Instead when we feel the urge to buy something new take that time to praise God for what we do have.   This is going to be a hard one for me...there are days that I want to go out to eat because you know...I am tired and want something really good.  That is going to rock my world and teach me a little bit of how to be content with what I have.   So I will be cooking a lot this week and it will be a week full of praise and trusting in God's provisions.  

So I dare you to try one of these dares this week.  Choose the dare that would be the hardest for you instead of one that would be easy.  Then see how different life could be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment